POWr Weather

Monday, June 29, 2015

Humble himself and endureth to the end. Elder Taylor Malolo's missionary experience

Hola Mi Familiaaaaaaaa!!!
   Well its official im now in the Salt Lake City Mission and I will have officially been serving in 3 missions by next week! But if there is one thing I have learned while my time here in Utah is that I work as if Im not a Visa waiter. We had a meeting yesterday with our mission president thanking all of us for the work we have done in the USLCE mission. He read to us this scripture from Ephesians chapter 4
 
"One Lord, One faith, one baptism, one God and father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all"

No matter where I go in my mission I will treat it as my real mission and do everything I possibly can to further His work. I leave behind happiness and friendship where I go and thats what im here for!! Every second of my day is spent for the Lord, and nothing else! I was told by my ward mission leader that is 92 years old "I will make you work so hard you wont have any time to think about your girlfriends back at home!" haha then he proceeded to say "Well ok, maybe not that hard because you have to stay sane somehow on the mission!" Which told me that you have to work hard on your mission but there are always times to have fun! Like taking pictures with dinosaurs, and stray cats. Yelling back at people who yell hail satan and saying "God still loves you!".  Dancing outside a dance studio and dancing better than all the girls inside of it. Beatboxing for when my companion raps, so many things to do to have fun!!:) All while still doing the work for the Lord and making progress! The mission isnt the best time of my life, its the best time FOR my life. These things that I do are all things that will help me in the future, to help me with my future family, future job, and for my salvation! This week I have been working on humility because im probably the most prideful person in the world and there is a scripture I found in my personal study. 

Alma 32-
15 Yea, he that truly humbleth himself, and repenteth of his sins, and endureth to the end, the same shall be blessed—yea, much more blessed than they who are compelled to be humble because of their exceeding poverty.
 16 Therefore, blessed are they who humble themselves without being compelled to be humble; or rather, in other words, blessed is he that believeth in the word of God, and is baptized without stubbornness of heart, yea, without being brought to know the word, or even compelled to know, before they will believe.
This made me realize something not only about being humble but all christlike attributes! Why waste your time pretending to be humble or loving when you can just BECOME humble and loving, through la expiacion, we can do these things! I thought it was a cool little insight to share!:D But my last week here will be pretty fun, Andela needs to visit old members, and I need to visit members in my area before I leave. Cause you know, they all love me;) (so humble right?). Everything has been great lately, we got a couple new investigators.   Cant wait to hear from you all and how your week has been!  Ill just be hanging out for a while more!
Con mucho amor
Elder Malolo Bonito!

No comments:

Post a Comment