POWr Weather

Monday, August 24, 2015

The Mountain of Christ. Elder Taylor Malolo staying in Gijon after another transfer and his new companion

Buenas!!!!!!
      Another week in the Gijón area! I am staying up here for
another transfer but now I have a different companion! A small white
boy from Colorado named Elder Rodriguez! He's pretty funny so we will
be able to get along this transfer pretty well. So this week was all
about calling members and getting to know them with my new companion
and that was just a little difficult because I can barely understand
people face to face let alone over the phone so it was a struggle BUT
I got the job done jaja! So we met with a cool couple and they took us
out to eat to dominos which is a buffet!? So I basically ate the
equivalent of 3 large pizzas while everyone else ate 1 all together!
It was definitely well worth it if I might say so myself. As I was
talking to the members we got into a discussion of video games! Well
boy oh boy I sure was glad to talk about something I knew about jaja.
He plays exactly the same game I played back at home "League of
Legends" I'm sure my mom can testify that I might have liked that game
just a little bit! We were able to stop by a couple members throughout
the week and really get to know them because missionaries are only as
strong as their members! Missionaries are temporary but members will
always be there for your converts. Also we decided for PDay today to
climb the Cristo, I honestly don't know if there is a name for it but
it's a mountain with a giant statue of Jesus at the top and he is
overlooking Oviedo with open arms so it's a pretty sweet place! I took
some pictures so I will send them sometime today! We decided to stop
by the beach and holy cow there is a breeze over there going about 900
miles per hour! It actually felt super good and it smelled like the
ocean and that's always a good thing! Not much happened this week
because I just got my new comp but I will share with you a lesson I
had. This week we got to meet with an investigator who has been out of
town in a pueblo for a transfer and he finished reading the Book of
Mormon. He believes in everything and has faith BUT because of his
family situation he does not want to come to church or get baptized
basically until his wife passes away because he would feel like he is
betraying her if he gets baptized. So remembering a talk that I heard
from Elder Bednar I decided to share it with him. In this talk Elder
Bednar is speaking about those who feel as if they got offended at
church and now will not return back. Instead of talking about people
who get offended I changed it to people who know the church is true
but will not get baptized or come to church.

      "And then I would say something like this. “Let me make sure I
understand what has happened to you...you have not been blessed by the
ordinance of the sacrament. You have withdrawn yourself from the
constant companionship of the Holy Ghost...You have cut yourself off
from priesthood ordinances and the holy temple. You have discontinued
your opportunity to serve others and to learn and grow. And you are
leaving barriers that will impede the spiritual progress of your
children, your children’s children, and the generations that will
follow.” Many times people would think for a moment and then respond:
“I have never thought about it that way.”"

After sharing this scripture with him he sat in silence for a little
bit, and I could feel that he knew what he was choosing the wrong
decision. I then told him something that I feel a lot of investigators
around the world need to hear, "If you have as much faith, and belief
in this church as you say you do. If you believe Jesus Christ suffered
for our sins and was a perfect example, and that God has a plan for
us, then you would know you need to be baptized now." He told us that
he will begin to come to church and pray sincerely about it and guess
what, he was there yesterday!! So all is good in the land of Gijón!!!
Not much else that I can remember. I'll send some pictures and videos
and stuff in a little bit...I can't feel my legs right now.
Con mucho amor

No comments:

Post a Comment