POWr Weather

Monday, August 10, 2015

This week was harder than any other week. Elder Taylor Malolo serving in Gijon Spain

Hooooooola familia!
  This week has definitely been harder than any other. We spend 9
hours street contacting, only to maybe get 5 contacts and have 4 of
them be fake numbers. All of our investigators are on vacation and
apparently when Spaniards go on vacation it's not for a week or a
couple days, it's for 3 months!! So we have 1 investigator in town and
we had to pass 4 of our newer investigators to the Hermanas because
it's difficult for Elders to teach single women. Elder Saltzman and I
have come to our only conclusion on how to contact...and it's through
basketball and soccer! He is really good at basketball and I am
alright at soccer so we decided lets just go play some kids and get
there number! It actually worked! Saltzman and I would play 2v2
basketball and just demolish and from that day alone we got 12
contacts. The next day we decided to play soccer and since Saltzman
can't play cause his toe I had to do it myself, so I wore my
Diego-Costa Chelsea jersey and we found a court that would let me join
and as soon as I get in I smashed a goal upper V!! Christian Would be
proud haha. That day we received 14 contacts and this week ultimately
ended up better than most! We were also able to build up enough street
cred that a guy from our ward heard about it and called us saying "a
friend called me saying they need help beating a tall white kid and a
Samoan at basketball!" Since I tell people I'm from Samoa because if
you are both from the US nobody will give you the time of day here. So
I'll be getting videos and pictures of me playing soccer soon to send
to you guys!
  Another thing that happened was Elder Brown (Senior Elder) called
us and said "Elders I have a problem, are you busy right now?" We
weren't busy so we hurried to his house hoping everything was alright.
He comes up to me and says "Elder Malolo...the BYU Runningback just
announced he is not playing this year...we need to send you home so
you can take his place or we won't be able to beat the U this year!"
Elder Brown is a BYU fan and Elder Saltzman is a U fan so they go back
and forth all the time about it. At the rate I'm losing weight and
gaining muscle I'm going to end up being a Runningback! The other day
as we walked along the beach for contacting we saw a team playing
American football! Every bone in my body wanted to just run over and
hit someone but you know...I'm a missionary👼🏽
  I read a book this week called "Day of Defense" it's about a
missionary who has interviews with other denominations of Christians
and answers their questions and accusations. In the end the
missionaries ended up on top and able to defend every question thrown
at them. I can't say this any better than Elder Holland

"For 179 years this book has been examined and attacked, denied and
deconstructed, targeted and torn apart like perhaps no other book in
modern religious history--perhaps like no other book in any religious
history. And still it stands. Failed theories about its origins have
been born and parroted and have died--from Ethan Smith to Solomon
Spaulding to deranged paranoid to cunning genius. None of these
frankly pathetic answers for this book has ever withstood examination
because there is no other answer than the one Joseph gave as its young
unlearned translator. In this I stand with my own great-grandfather,
who said simply enough, “No wicked man could write such a book as
this; and no good man would write it, unless it were true and he were
commanded of God to do so.” "

  It's amazing when people try to bash with me and Elder Saltzman and
we are able to stand all of their questions because El Libro de Mormón
es verdadero, es la palabra de Dios, y puede ayudarnos con cualquiera
cosa. Necesitamos leer este libro para qué recibamos todas bendiciones
Dios tiene para nosotros. No es importante cuánto se lee pero es muy
importante que aprendemos y crecer en nuestro fe, y fortalecer
nuestros testimonios porque esta iglesia es una iglesia del
crecimiento.
  I hope you are all alive and well!! I never thought I'd miss America
as I do now! Haha can't wait to hear back from you all. Love you all
so much!!
Con Amor,
  Elder Malolo!

Elder Malolo 

A squirrel



No comments:

Post a Comment