POWr Weather

Friday, December 25, 2015

"¡Ocho Vasos al día!"

Feliz Navidad, Feliz Navidad!
     "Happy Christmas Harry!" To be honest it doesn't even feel like Christmas today! I'm in a different country where people don't really celebrate Christmas, most people here are actually just working like any normal day so I guess that's good for me if I wanna go check out the Nike Store in Sol! Haha I hope you are all enjoying your Christmas Day, most of you aren't even awake right now but that's ok. I don't really remember too much of what happened this week but I can start off with this little story.
    We are at our ward Christmas party and we are just having a good time talking and watching all these little talent show acts (the missionaries had one too). And a member comes up to me and says "Élder Malolo, la persona que va a ser papa Noel nos falló" which means the man who was going to be Santa Claus failed us. Sooo this year Santa got a little tan and more buff! I had to dress up as Santa and give out presents to every single child in the award I had been in for 2 weeks! It was actually pretty funny, I just spoke in English to them. Nobody knew who I was cause they are used to me with glasses but I had them off so it was just a perfect opportunity! After that we did our little skit thing with the missionaries aaaand it was kind of a dance and as you know I like to dance (dancing is a talent #MTCSucks) so it was my time to shine! It was pretty funny we danced to Frozen, Mariah Carey, Zumba Music, all that inicuo missionary stuff!
     I guess another cool thing is every Sunday the elders here and some other missionaries go caroling on the steps of the Temple. Obviously not all missionaries are musically talented but my district happens to be! So when we sang it was loud and proud! The Mission Presidents wife is trying to get us to do a musical number for another Mission Activity.
    My favorite part of the week was yesterday, we had a big Madrid Zone activity for Christmas (my first activity because I had been cast out to the North). I was excited cause I don't know anyone in this mission and as soon as I got there people started quoting a video where I jumped on a statue horse in the middle of this waterfall looking thing and my companion says in this broken English "Elder Malolo say Hi!". I now have my own fan group here in Madrid, and a LOAD of friends here so now I'm ok haha.
     I had an eating contest against this Elder who is from South America but he is a big boy! So we had our plates just loaded with food and I just left this kid in the dust. Just as a beautiful young woman once asked me "Did you even taste your food?";). Everybody was just amazed at what I can eat and the good thing is I have already lost 14kilos so I have a lot of room that I can fill back up!:) 
      I have been inducted into the Ukulele hall of fame as before was Elder Schwenke. I just bring it with me everywhere just in case I have to play it for someone, or I'm on the Renfe, or the Bus, or just on the street!
    So to end, the other day when we were sharing a message with one of our member families, we were talking about Christmas and asked what is the importance of Christmas and their 11 year old daughter answered "Spending time with our families!" And her dad yells "NO!! It is the Birth of Jesus Christ!!!!!" A quote I read a while ago said if you are not celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ you might as well not celebrate Christmas, spending time with the family and giving is something we should always be doing in the first place! 
  
                                   Recordáis el nacimiento del salvador Jesucristo.  

Élder Malolo Guapo Oso Manolo Samoano 


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment