POWr Weather

Monday, July 4, 2016

Have a Happy Gay Day! Hate the sin not the sinner! Elder Taylor Malolo in Barrio 3, Spain Madrid Mission

What's the up everyone,
    I bet you are wondering why my title is have a happy gay day!
Don't think too much about it. Soooo as an American this day is very
special, fireworks, burgers, and American stuff. Here in the wonderful
country of Europa, today is Gay Pride day. So instead of all those
wonderful things I have seen men walking around in speedos and very
immodestly dressed women, which is basically what Spain is anyways!
So....happy Gay Pride Day, hate the sin not the sinner!
    This week has been very sad actually. I hate to say it but my
companion will be going home due to his deteriorating Achilles, it's
really sad to see him go. Even though we have been throwing out going
home jokes all transfer so it's been pretty funny!
  We weren't allowed to leave or do too much work because the
President and his Wife don't want his situation to get worse so I
spent a lot of time perfecting the art of Paper Airplanes and dancing
for a Zumba Activity I will be doing with JAS this Friday. I have been
watching my companion pack and singing sappy love songs cause we think
it's funny and trying to keep him pumped about doing missionary work
at home.
    We decided to pull a prank on the other elders last night. So a
member called us (he is an RM) and he wanted an agenda so he can teach
his brother to use one before he goes on a mission. It was about
10:45pm so we were in piso. I also had to do my DL calls so when he
came I called the other elders and told them we were at a church party
and that they should come. They were FLIPPING out!! They didn't
believe me but I was like "a friend wants to say hello" and I gave the
phone to the member who was telling them to come to the party and that
they won't tell President about it. They freaked out and hung up and
threatened to call President. They call me back and they say "I hope
you repent tonight..." Blah blah blah all this stuff about how bad I
am for going to a party then we told them about the joke and they were
so relieved because they were scared that if they told President I
would beat them up hahahaha.

Other than that I had an ok week, kinda sad, kinda fun!

This week my studies were full of "Testimony" scriptures and just
testimonies of Prophets and it reminded me of a talk by President
Uchtdorf called "The Power of a Personal Testimony" and he explains
how to gain one and why it is important. I invite you all to read this
talk, and to think of your testimony. There are only 2 things we can
do with them, Strengthen them, or lose them. Strive, or push yourself
to strengthen it everyday. DO NOT get caught in the "real world"
because when we are focused on the "real world" we have forgotten our
"real purpose". If you do not know what I mean, there is another talk
I would like you to read called "True Millenials" by President Russell
M Nelson.

I hope you all have a good week!! This week we find out transfers so
hang tight to see what happens next!! I love you guys!



Élder Malolo
Misión Madrid, España

No comments:

Post a Comment